Sunday, November 20, 2011

My New Cloche Hat!

Blair Waldorf from "Gossip Girl" wearing a cloche hat.
As I was shopping for Christmas gifts (mainly for myself) my explorations eventually made me stumble across Old Navy. Now I must admit that Old Navy is one of my favorite stores to shop at because the clothing is cute and comfortable, plus the prices are super affordable. For some time now, I've always wanted a hat. Yes, I've never really worn a hat unless you count those baseball caps that I was forced to wear at school field day back in the elementary days.

Anyway, while I was examining the store located in some obscure hidden location was a small section of hats. These weren't just "ordinary" hats especially for wintertime, but they were cloche hats! Cloche hats are a type of head wear I've wanted for some time because they are vintage, and I love things vintage! They were a fashion staple during the roaring twenties and still remain chic today. As you can see in the above picture, they are a round simple hat that contours the top of your head. 

I bought a black cloche hat and plan on wearing it when it snow outside. I'll admit that most of my coats do not have a hoodie so wearing a cloche is my perfect alternative! Tell me what you think of cloche hats in the comments section. If you have any questions, requests, etc. please email me at xxsolarsystem@yahoo.com thanks! =) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment