Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Polished: Best of MAKE UP FOR EVER Kit

As a fan of long-wear makeup, I was ecstatic to receive the Wild and Chic Best of MAKE UP FOR EVER Kit.

It includes:

  • HD Microfinish Powder
  • Aqua Cream in 13 Warm Beige (champagne shimmer)
  • Travel Aqua Eyes in Mat Black 0L (black)
  • Lab Shine in Star Collection - S4 (pearly pink beige)
  • HD Microperfecting Primer
  • Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara
I usually spend about five minutes on my makeup every morning. Before leaving the house (yes, I'm one of those girls) I apply foundation, pressed powder, eyeliner, mascara, and lip stain - at minimum. I recently tested all of the products in this kit, minus the lipgloss. No offense to MAKE UP FOR EVER, but I'm not a gloss girl.
 
First, here is a photo of me with no makeup on. This is what I start with.

I first applied the HD Microperfecting Primer, which made my skin feel smooth and wasn't too heavy. I then applied my regular foundation. Next up was the Aqua Eyes eyeliner (inside upper lid, and on upper lid), which was precise but had smude-ability. I added Aqua Cream in 13 from the liner to my brow bone, and it gave the perfect amount of color and highlight. Then two coats of Smoky Lash Mascara, which I was probably the most curious about. My lashes are long, and hit my brow bone, so at the end of every day I have to make sure I haven't turned into a raccoon. Finally, I dusted the HD Microfinish Powder over my entire face.

This whole process took about 10 minutes. I was eager to see if my extra time in the morning would hold up by the end of the day. This is what I looked like at 8 a.m., post makeup application. 

I then walked eight blocks to work on a foggy and humid day, had a typical seven hour day at work, and walked home the eight blocks in the humidity. This was unintentionally the perfect day to test these products!

Here is a photo of what I looked like when I got home. 

Everything had held up really well! The eyeliner, Aqua Cream, and mascara looked as good as they had 10 hours earlier. My foundation had melted a little, mostly in the T-zone area, which was to be expected after a humid day.

Overall, I adore this product set, and it was absolutely worth doubling the amount of time I spend applying makeup in the morning. I would suggest this most to ladies who have a long day ahead of them, and no time for a mirror check. Trust me, all MAKE UP FOR EVER products will stay exactly where you applied them, and you will look fresh and lovely (not made-up and cakey).

The Wild and Chic Best of Make Up For Ever Kit ($55) is available exclusively at Sephora and Sephora.com.

-Alyssa

0 comments:

Post a Comment