Friday, January 6, 2012

High End vs Drugstore Makeup; Does it matter?


As I continue my quest in experimenting with the creativity of makeup, a question popped into my head. I'm sure others have felt the same way too. Does the pricing and branding of makeup really make a difference on how effective it would be? Although this is just an opinion, I'd like to share my thoughts on these two categories of makeup...

Each genre has its pros and cons. Drugstores are more accessible to get to than a department store, thus making low-end makeup easier to reach. However, the makeup aisle can be quite long which in a way can be overwhelming when it comes to deciding which product to buy. Everyone has different opinions when it comes straight down to the quality of drugstore makeup. Yes for many years, eyeshadows and other makeup were known to be terrible. Lately though, the drugstore makeup world has stepped up their game and are making nearly the same quality pigmentation as that of a high-end.

High-end makeup seems to be the more talked about. You can purchase it at department stores, beauty stores, and they might even have their own store! Experience with high-end makeup differs from that of drugstore makeup. If you are at a makeup counter, a makeup artist can help you with what product you want. Since they are qualified, they can tell what looks good for your appearance. But don't be fooled if they want you to buy more products - high end makeup is more costly than drugstore. I also advise you to be aware of the higher-end names. I'm not saying that they are totally bad in quality but just note that they cost much more than the norm simply because you are buying the name

So when it comes to the matter of quality, I can't say which kind of makeup I prefer. I honestly believe that we should have a little bit of everything for our experimentation with makeup. I will say though that budget beauties should be happy purchasing drugstore makeup because they are miles ahead of how it was years ago. If you really want to go buy a high-end product, save your money and then go to the counter and see how it is. No, it doesn't matter when it comes to whose better.

I'm sorry if my post may have seemed biased, but I don't have that much experience purchasing high-end makeup. I have heard stories though and took this into consideration. Do you have a preference when it comes to makeup? I'd love to know which type of makeup you own. Please leave it in a comment below. Thanks! =D


0 comments:

Post a Comment